Story of the restaurant
Le Buisson Ardent restaurant is located on the former site of Saint-Victor Abbey, destroyed during the Revolution.
It seems that since the end of the Middle Ages there existed at this place various establishments called Le Buisson Ardent which symbolizes, in the biblical tradition, the revelation of the God of monotheism to Moses.
The pediment of the porch of 25 rue Jussieu consists of a sculptured stone symbolically representing this episode.
The restaurant, which has existed in its present form since the beginning of the 20th century, is decorated in the first room with murals painted in 1925.